Insert the Sierra slide into the WSI device to be assessed and initiate a scan.
The scan of the Sierra slide is then uploaded to the Sierra VS-Analyser software tool. On doing so the application will automatically generates simple infographic data on the analysis process.
On completion of the process Sierra VS-Analyser software will present ‘Before’ and ‘After’ grids displaying the CIEDE2000 differences for each of the colour patches on the Sierra slide.
Out of the Box
- Standard size 1 glass slide with 55 biologically stained patches
- Spectral truth of slide confirmed using spectrophotometer
- Unique serial number for ease of identification
- Each Sierra slide has a life span of 100 reports
- Comes in a protective storage case
- Analysis software for installation on server running Microsoft Windows 10
- The application is easy to navigate and does not require the user to be a colour management or software expert.
- Report generated following completion of analysis process
- Analysis stored for multiple devices for future reference (up to 5)
Starting the journey
For those just starting to assess the colour accuracy of your digital pathology images, the Sierra slide comes part of the Sierra VS-Analyser and Sierra VS Profiler product packages. Used in combination you will be able to analyse any given WSI device, understand any variance that exists and generate a unique ICC profile to ensure these are colour calibrated.
Whether you have integrated Sierra technology into your workflows yourselves or in collaboration with FFEI’s specialist consultants, Sierra slides can be purchased to ensure all devices are calibrated to ICC standards – whether at production or servicing in the field.